[Kwintv] XRANDR

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Fri Mar 12 21:32:19 CET 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 21:13, George Staikos wrote:
> On Friday 12 March 2004 15:06, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
>   I was just about to respond.  I think that scaling should stay inside
> kvideoio.  It's an integral part of half of I/O - the O part.  It will
> almost certainly be required to scale video up or down when displaying it
> in any scenario, so I think we should provide at least the basics inside
> that library.  Linking another library is just overhead.  What I would like
> to see is a way to easily add in new or external scaling methods as needed.
Currently scaling is located in the IN part - v4ldev*. I agree that it _may_
belong in the OUT part (it actually is when XVIDEO is used as output). Just
think there surely are different algorithms for scaling, so it should be
plugin based. Maybe a basic algorithm could be implemented. Do you know a
LGPL one I could copy?