[Kwintv] XRANDR

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Mar 12 21:13:24 CET 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 15:06, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> OK, for a better Quanta ;-)
>
> Changing the screen resolution for fullscreen video display. Didn't commit
> it (yet) because:
>
> 1) I messed with kvideoio and want George to approve it

  I was just about to respond.  I think that scaling should stay inside
kvideoio.  It's an integral part of half of I/O - the O part.  It will almost
certainly be required to scale video up or down when displaying it in any
scenario, so I think we should provide at least the basics inside that
library.  Linking another library is just overhead.  What I would like to see
is a way to easily add in new or external scaling methods as needed.

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/