[Kwintv] Snapshots (no, not those kind...)

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Fri Mar 12 07:49:56 CET 2004

On Thursday 11 March 2004 20:50, Andras Mantia wrote:

> >> Tried with your latest fixes: same behavior as previously, the Always on
> >> top state is forgotten.
> >
> > Since I don't experience trouble with it, can you take a look at it? It's
> > in mainwindow.cpp, look for checkStayOnTop(). Maybe you can move it
> > around a bit and see what happens.
>
> Simple solution: get rid of the whole checkStayOnTop(). Maybe it was needed
> in the past, but now everything works correctly without it (I've tested by
> putting a return at the beginning of the method). I assume you can get rid
> of _staysOnTop as well. I don't have a patch, but should be straightforward
> to do it.
> (BTW, I got the hint from the KWin documentation: "Note that KeepAbove
> (StaysOnTop) and KeepBelow are meant as user preference and applications
> should avoid setting these states themselves.").
Ahhhh, now I understand what you wanted to explain. You do the "Always on top"
via the window title menu. QtVision provides a second way for it, via the
Settings->GUI tab. It's right, these ways conflict and yield your described
behaviour.

Maybe we should remove the always on top handling from qtvision since KDE now
has a better way to do it. Do you agree, George?