[Kwintv] Snapshots (no, not those kind...)

Andras Mantia amantia at freemail.hu
Thu Mar 11 20:50:39 CET 2004

Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:

> On Thursday 11 March 2004 10:29, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Agreed. Maybe I'll have a look at it sometime later.

I'd be very thankfull. :-)

>> > 3) RMB channel editing from the sidebar is a good idea. I was also
>> > annoyed by it. Is it enough to have the channel editor available as a
>> > seperate top level window (action)?
>>
>> The double click on the channel in the list is very useful now. :-) Thank
>> you! My proposal was to have the same dialog available also in the RMB
>> menu. I'd be useful in TV mode.
> I consider the RMB TV screen menu too cluttered already. I'd like to
> remove everything above "Show Menubar" + Channel Wizard + Configure
> Shortcuts. Since editing channel settings should usually only be necessary
> in the first few days after scanning, IMO it's not necessary to add the
> channel properties dialog to the menu.

Yes, it's cluttered (I believe many things can be removed from there), yet
that one is a context menu, and the current context is the current channel.
Aside what you've mentioned, I think it's safe to remove Configure qtvision
and maybe Channel Up/Down as well. Even without them you can switch channel
with the keyboard or the mouse (if you have a scroll mouse). Show Sidebar
is not usable also if you are in TV or Full Screen mode. I say, instead of
graying out, remove them when they are not applicable (but from my POV, you
may remove it completely).

>> > 5) Always on top: I'll have a look at it again.
>>
>> Tried with your latest fixes: same behavior as previously, the Always on
>> top state is forgotten.
> Since I don't experience trouble with it, can you take a look at it? It's
> in mainwindow.cpp, look for checkStayOnTop(). Maybe you can move it around
> a bit and see what happens.

Simple solution: get rid of the whole checkStayOnTop(). Maybe it was needed
in the past, but now everything works correctly without it (I've tested by
putting a return at the beginning of the method). I assume you can get rid
of _staysOnTop as well. I don't have a patch, but should be straightforward
to do it.
(BTW, I got the hint from the KWin documentation: "Note that KeepAbove
(StaysOnTop) and KeepBelow are meant as user preference and applications
should avoid setting these states themselves.").

Andras