[Kwintv] OpenGL view mode and a new threading solution

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sat Jun 5 13:04:27 CEST 2004

Hello,

I've rewritten the OpenGL view mode code. Anybody with hardware OpenGL
acceleration, please try it (the latest ATI drivers OOPS on my SuSE
9.1 :-((( ). However, it is still unstable and may make the program HANG at
shutdown. But if it works well, I'll try to find a solution for it.

Another solution for the threading problems in kdetv may be a "XInitThreads()"
call in main.cpp. It works fine, only OpenGL freezes at widget creation.
Also, I found many places in the net where problems with this call are
described; even Qt does not call it by default. Does anyone have experience
with it?