[Kwintv] disabling autoselection of stereo mode?

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Tue Jul 13 21:04:58 CEST 2004

On Monday 12 July 2004 08:29, Chetan Reddy wrote:
> In tvtime, even though the audio mode stays as 'Mono' when i change a
> channel, sound stops, to get it back i have to go to 'stereo' mode and
> then comeback to 'mono' mode.
Sorry, there is no option to change the default selection. What kdetv does is
check what the card says it receives (Stereo, Mono, Lang 1, Lang 2), your
card obviously says "Stereo" and "Mono"; and then select a default. Not sure,
but it may be a driver bug if your card advertises to receive Stereo when it
cannot decode it. Or my understinding is wrong, maybe this only means the
tuner sees a Stereo signal, but this has nothing to do with it's decoding
abilities. I'll keep the issue in mind, but I currently have no time to make
the default adjustable.