[Kwintv] Patch for various stuff that I didnt like

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Fri Jul 9 17:12:41 CEST 2004

On Freitag Juli 9 2004 16:51, George Staikos wrote:
> On Friday 09 July 2004 07:54, mETz wrote:
> > Due to some annoying bits I wrote a patch which does the following:
> > - Makes kdetv use KUniqueApplication and by default allow only one
> > instance, running a second doesn't make sense for me and you can still
> > allow it by changing the desktop file, also adjusted
>
>    Don't like it - I might want to run a quickcam in one instance and tuner
> in another.

Then how to stop kdelirc from spawning a new kdetv everytime I hit the TV
button on my rc? It does not seem to find apps named "kdetv-SOMEPID" and
always launches another one. Unfortunately I used radio and tv buttons both
for switching modes _and_ for starting the app if it's not already started.

> > - disable some kdDebug() flooding my debug file, please think about
> > adding a debugarea for kdetv, if wanted I can do a patch for that
>
>     Debug areas are for libraries, not apps...

That sounds like a bad joke with almost every app in CVS having a debug-area
of its own.

> > - disable the so called "work around xv driver bug" in KdetvXv which
> > always mutes audio while resizing the window. Everything works fine
> > without that hack, what was this workaround for anyway?
>
>    Just because the bug does't affect you doesn't mean that it doesn't
> affect others.  I don't think this should be applied.

That neither answers my question nor does it make the bug caused by that call
any better.

> > Another thing is this desktop mode I saw in some places of the code. Is
> > it working already and if yes, how to get a gui-element for it? :)
>
>   It was working at one time, don't know if it still is.

There is no gui to switch to desktop mode so it either isn't always available
or it's not meant to be visible because it's not working (yet ?).

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein