[Kwintv] Patch for various stuff that I didnt like

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Jul 9 16:51:53 CEST 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 07:54, mETz wrote:

> Due to some annoying bits I wrote a patch which does the following:
> - Makes kdetv use KUniqueApplication and by default allow only one
> instance, running a second doesn't make sense for me and you can still
> allow it by changing the desktop file, also adjusted

   Don't like it - I might want to run a quickcam in one instance and tuner in
another.

> - disable some kdDebug() flooding my debug file, please think about adding
> a debugarea for kdetv, if wanted I can do a patch for that

    Debug areas are for libraries, not apps...

> - disable the so called "work around xv driver bug" in KdetvXv which always
> mutes audio while resizing the window. Everything works fine without that
> hack, what was this workaround for anyway?

   Just because the bug does't affect you doesn't mean that it doesn't affect
others.  I don't think this should be applied.

> Another thing is this desktop mode I saw in some places of the code. Is it
> working already and if yes, how to get a gui-element for it? :)

  It was working at one time, don't know if it still is.

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/