[Kwintv] Nearly fine, but still some standard problems at startup

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Mon Feb 23 19:50:28 CET 2004

On Sunday 22 February 2004 10:05, Christian Casteyde wrote:
> What annoys me is that XFree 4.4.0 is not released and certainly won't be
> included in any distribution for a while (the license problem are real,
> distro cannot distribute it. Users can install it after, but they cannot
> use it natively). I fear 4.3.0 *will be* the version you'll have to
> "support", until a fork occurs and XFree core devel team disolves.
>
> Anyway, I'll try to install 4.4.0 to check if the problem is really an Xv
> problem, as soon as it'll be released (won't try RC3, since my computer
> takes too long time to compile anything, better wait).
Uh, my fault. I somehow thought 4.3.1 is out since some time.

Anyway, I used Kernel 2.6.[0123] with XFree 4.3.0 on my system (originally
built for 2.4.18) without recompiling anything, I have no problems at all
with each of the plugins. So there must be something special (wrong?) about
your system...