[Kwintv] Nearly fine, but still some standard problems at startup

Christian Casteyde casteyde.christian at free.fr
Sun Feb 22 10:05:50 CET 2004

> Hmmm... don't know if I should increase it, since it didn't work perfectly
> either (some lines below, you say it only finds 5 out of 7 stations).
Yes, but that seems to confirm there is a synchronization problem
with the bttv driver.

> OK, then this is quite surely a bug in the v4l bridge of XFree you are
> using. You said that you are using 4.3.0, which is rather "old" (=more than
> one year). I think we shouldn't include a work-around for this in qtvision
> since any recent distro should ship newer versions.

What annoys me is that XFree 4.4.0 is not released and certainly won't be
included in any distribution for a while (the license problem are real,
distro cannot distribute it. Users can install it after, but they cannot use
it natively). I fear 4.3.0 *will be* the version you'll have to "support",
until a fork occurs and XFree core devel team disolves.

Anyway, I'll try to install 4.4.0 to check if the problem is really an Xv
problem, as soon as it'll be released (won't try RC3, since my computer
takes too long time to compile anything, better wait).

> It's not a plugin, it's a config option of the v4l plugin ("prefer overlay
> if available").
>
> > > scan using the xv plugin, this may be because there is no vbidecoder
> > > running. Configure it in the plugins dialog.
> >
> > Same remarks as before : vbi plugin doesn't appear in the config dialog
> > (CVS 20040214).
>
> Install libzvbi and the headers for it (usually libzvbi-devel) and rerun
> configure.
Thanks, will tell you the results next week.

CC