[Kwintv] kv4lsetup

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Apr 15 02:00:33 CEST 2004

On April 14, 2004 13:18, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 April 2004 16:59, Zsolt Rizsanyi wrote:
> > So that's why I wanted to move kv4lsetup in /usr/lib.
> > (If I change bin_PROGRAMS to libexec_PROGRAMS in the kv4lsetup makefile,
> > then it will install it to /usr/lib/kdetv/kv4lsetup)
>
> It's not good either. kv4lsetup belongs to kvideoio which George wants to
> move to kdelibs in the future. So k4vlsetup is a shared program that other
> TV or overlay clients can use. It should be installed in something like
> lib/kde/kvideoio/ or so. George, do you know the correct location for that
> kind of KDE programs in the KDE tree?

   No it should go in $KDEDIR/bin for sure.  It's only of value for apps that
use libkvideoio.  The librariy however should go in $KDEDIR/lib.  I'd like to
see it in kdemultimedia.  Kdelibs is too large and kvideoio is too specific,
IMHO.

KDE Developer			http://www.kde.org/
Staikos Computing Services Inc.	http://www.staikos.net/