[Kwintv] Config dialog rework

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Sep 8 10:11:42 CEST 2003

On Sunday 31 August 2003 12:20, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> I would like to change the config dialog:
>
> - Add "Sound" section that contains all sound related settings including
> mixer plugin selection. Mixer plugins are mutually exclusive, so they are
> selected by a QStringList.

   Fine with me.

> - Add "Video" section that contains all video related settings including
> video plugin selection
>
> - remove "Channel Format" plugin tab, all plugins are always loaded. xml is
> used to store channels in ~/.kde/share/apps/qtvision. Others have an entry
> in File->Import and File->Export menu
>
> - Plugins section remains, but is for misc plugins only

   This is reasonable.  The only concern I have is that some plugins
(especially video plugins) can conflict.  For instance, notice if you have
the v4l and xv plugins loaded and try to switch between them, you can't.  You
have to close qtvision and reopen.

> I've attached a patch for the two new sections to show my intention, the
> additional widgets have no functionality.
>
> Any comments or suggestions?

  I don't have time to review the patch, but if it's stable for you, you get
to decide if it goes in.  I'm not active at the moment so it's not fair for
me to hold things up.

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/