[Kwintv] Config dialog

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Wed Sep 10 23:56:33 CEST 2003

First step of the config dialog rework is ready.

Changes:

- Make plugins refcounted. This makes it possible to configure a plugin that
is currently in use (and holds exclusive resources like /dev/mixer oder
/dev/video).

- Add video config page.

- Add sound config page. Mixer plugins are now mutually exclusive (they have
been in fact before, too since audiomanager uses first enabled plugin).

- move options from "general" page to appropriate "sound" or "video" page.

- remove device page. It would only *really* work if the video plugin is
dropped (neccessary to find all sources) which would make the picture page
obsolete. We have the "Settings->Change Source" menu entry that works.

- remove video and mixer plugins tab from plugins page.

- it is immediately possible to configure a plugin, no need for
enable->restart->configure any more (at least in video and sound pages)

- removal of several compiler warnings regarding member/parent class
initialization order

- removal of a few other compiler warnings

- minor steps towards a common API for settings dialog pages (maybe adding
config pages will get easier), but not implemented for general and picture
page

I'd be glad if someone could try or at least review the patch before I apply
it. It works fine for me, though.

Future plans:
- Import/Export for channels, removal of channel plugins tab
- Settingsdialog page management cleanup (if possible)

Have fun,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net