[Kwintv] LAUNDRY

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Oct 6 21:29:14 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 15:15, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> I've looked at the file. My remarks:
>
> - Videotext support
> There is the Telex plugin. It shouldn't crash if the vbi device cannot be
> opened, but the rest seems to be working.

   I can't comment - no videotext here.  It's all yours...

> - Fix configuration code up - make it work in all cases, properly save the
>   device, associated channels and sources, etc.  This is really broken
> right now.
> IMO, this is now working properly.

   Has this been tested well on devices with 2+ each of Xv and V4L devices?

> - ALSA plugin
>   + Dawit
> I'm using it for a long time. Works fine for me. Done?

   Probably.

> - Touchups to lirc - configurability, other issues mentioned on the list
>   + Zsolt
> We have KDELIRC now. Done? (Remove dead lirc code?)

   I think so.  Let's keep the dead code around until 3.2.0 packages hit
ftp.kde.org though.  Then it goes IMHO.

> - Code to migrate old kwintv configuration on first startup
> We import the channels. IMO, that's sufficient.

   No I'd like to see code that migrates some of the settings too.

> - Store the viewing mode on exit and restore on startup.  Any impact for
>   device selection?
> Can do that. What do you have in mind that could clash with the device
> seletion?

   It's possible that some devices do not work in some view modes I think.
Then what do we do?

> What should we do with unused settings dialog options? AFAIK, these are:
>
> - Record video at max res.

   Eliminate until we support it.

> - Mirror image

   Should be easy to support this with v4l mode.

> - display in landscape mode

   Junk it.  QtVision relic.

> - max frame rate

   Needed for v4l support.

> Shouldn't they be removed (from UI) until they have a meaning?

  The V4L ones should rather be implemented. :-)

KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/