[Kwintv] LAUNDRY

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Wed Oct 1 22:15:28 CEST 2003

I've looked at the file. My remarks:

- Videotext support
There is the Telex plugin. It shouldn't crash if the vbi device cannot be
opened, but the rest seems to be working.

- Fix configuration code up - make it work in all cases, properly save the
  device, associated channels and sources, etc.  This is really broken right
  now.
IMO, this is now working properly.

- ALSA plugin
  + Dawit
I'm using it for a long time. Works fine for me. Done?

- Touchups to lirc - configurability, other issues mentioned on the list
  + Zsolt
We have KDELIRC now. Done? (Remove dead lirc code?)

- Code to migrate old kwintv configuration on first startup
We import the channels. IMO, that's sufficient.

- The code for the plugin configuration dialog needs a fair bit of UI
  work.  + rich
What is meant here? Improve the container for the config widget? Currently, it
is three times in the code (video, sound and misc page). I want to fix this
anyway...

- Store the viewing mode on exit and restore on startup.  Any impact for
  device selection?
Can do that. What do you have in mind that could clash with the device
seletion?

What should we do with unused settings dialog options? AFAIK, these are:

- Record video at max res.
- Mirror image
- display in landscape mode
- max frame rate

Shouldn't they be removed (from UI) until they have a meaning?

Ciao,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net