[Kwintv] LAUNDRY

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Tue Oct 7 09:38:12 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 02:29, George Staikos wrote:

> > - Mirror image
>    Should be easy to support this with v4l mode.
> > - max frame rate
>    Needed for v4l support.

And for XVIDEO? If they are v4l-only settings, they belong in the v4l plugin
config dialog...

> > - Store the viewing mode on exit and restore on startup.  Any impact for
> >   device selection?
> > Can do that. What do you have in mind that could clash with the device
> > seletion?
>    It's possible that some devices do not work in some view modes I think.
> Then what do we do?

If this is the case, the command to switch to this mode must be ignored. This
is not a config save/restore problem, one could press the view toolbar button
(yes, could be disabled) or use DCOP (cannot be disabled). So this must be
solved in viewmanager.cpp, not in another place.

That gives me the idea that we could also think about disabling some of the
view modes in the config dialog, e.g. if you doubleclick the window, we cycle
through the modes, maybe someone doesn't like one or more modes.

Ciao,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net