[Kwintv] feedback and bugs - qtvision

Dirk Ziegelmeier dirk at ziegelmeier.net
Fri Nov 21 07:47:55 CET 2003

On Thursday 20 November 2003 23:07, Torsten Zimmermann wrote:
> Beside the small things to do already mentioned on your website - I miss
> a better selection of "sound-type"... mono/stereo/language1-language2.
> Wasn't there something in kwintv?
It's on the TODO (read LAUNDRY). There is a problem with that, though. The XV
plugin is the only stable video plugin, and unfortunately it is not possible
to support audio channel selection with it due to technical reasons (acording
to my current knowledge - someone prove me wrong, please). If kernel 2.6.
with v4l2 comes out, things may change, but it will still be a hack... Maybe
video and sound should be separated in different plugins to get a clean way.
However, audio channels can be implemented in v4l plugin, but it's likely to
crash on resize, and noone was able to find the bug upto now...

> Everything else works pretty fine except one important thing:
> I use an older Hauppauge WinTV PVR with the following technical data:
I got an (old) PVR too, it works fine. SuSE 8.2, kernel 2.4.20 SUSE patched. I
do not have any problems with it.
My /etc/modules.conf reads:
post-install bttv modprobe msp3400

But anyway, this is a list about qtvision, not about problems with kernel
drivers or SuSE init scripts ;-) Please post your question to an appropriate
list.

Ciao,

Dirk Ziegelmeier * dirk at ziegelmeier.net * http://www.ziegelmeier.net