[Kwintv] feedback and bugs - qtvision

Torsten Zimmermann Torsten.Zimmermann at gmx.de
Thu Nov 20 23:07:16 CET 2003

Hello,

first of all: I'm sorry for my english! :)
second one: Thank you very much for this fine program! Nice videotext,
nice handling, nearly as good as i'm used from Hauppauge wintv.

Beside the small things to do already mentioned on your website - I miss
a better selection of "sound-type"... mono/stereo/language1-language2.
Wasn't there something in kwintv?

Everything else works pretty fine except one important thing:
I use an older Hauppauge WinTV PVR with the following technical data:
PAL-B/G-I
Model 45234 Rev121
Fusion 878 A
S/N 4129708
BT 878 Dekoder
Phillips FM1216
on an Athlon 1700+ System 768 MB, Soundblaster live player,
with SuSE Linux 9.0 and qtvision (qtvision-cvs20031104-0.pm.0.i586.rpm)

And it seems that I'm a "victim" of the in internet often found
"msp3400"-problem.
At first the sound worked fine.... when I do an lsmod then, msp3400
Module is loaded. Then suddenly, e. g. after restart sound for TV-Card
is gone (any sound else works fine) and on lsmod the msp3400 module is
not listed. The problem remains unsolved til I restart Windows and start
the windows wintv. When rebooting Linux sound on tv is back!

Do you know how Windows resets the TV-Card? Is there a way to do this on
Linux too? Is it easy for you to write a small tool? I know there's a
small tool in the Hauppauge-Windows-Tools to reset some "switches" for
this card (don't know the name at the moment).
Would it be possible for you to implement some tool for this? I think
you would help many other users of your program. I finally want to get
rid of Windows!

Good look and best wishes from Munich/Germany in "old europe" :-))

Bye

Torsten
--

Torsten Zimmermann
Safferlingstr. 5 (App. 107)

D - 80634 München

Tel./Fax:   +49 (0)89 13038129
Mobil:      +49 (0)178 7858513
Bitte bis auf Widerruf NUR diese Mail-Adresse verwenden:
mailto:Torsten.Zimmermann at gmx.de
ICQ - UIN: 1284431 (http://www.icq.com)
Now running on SuSE-Linux 9.0 !!! :-)))
Aktion gegen unerwünschten Werbemüll (Spam)!:
Jetzt unter: http://www.robinsonlist.de eintragen!
Versenden Sie Ihre vertraulichen Nachrichten etwa auch für jedermann
lesbar per Postkarte? Verschlüsseln Sie mit PGP oder GPG
(http://www.gnupp.de/download.html)! kostenlos!

meine Key id: 0x0885B31D  fingerprint  = 91E6 C549 F976 C396 5249 26EE
B333 205B 0885 B31D
Keyserver unter (http://www.dfn-pca.de/pgpkserv)

öffentlichen Schlüssel von von mir signierten oder verschlüsselten
Nachrichten bitte mit z. B. GPG signieren und an mich zurücksenden!
Danke