[Kwintv] Pal - 1 Format?

Beech, Carl Carl.Beech at nstaffsh.wmids.nhs.uk
Mon Jun 9 13:50:59 CEST 2003

Dear all,

I'm new to tv-applications and have just bought a pinnacle PCTV rave card. In order to get it working under windows, I had to use PAL(1) format, not PAL, as I could see video but I got static for audio. Now I'm trying to get it working under linux, and I can see PAL, but not PAL(1) in the config information. According to pinnacle tech support, the only difference between the two formats is the gap between the audio and video signals (I've got no more detail than that).

Can you tell me how I can get around this problem as I'd rather use a linux app to watch TV!

Many thanks

Carl Beech
Stoke on Trent
England (UK).