[Kwintv] qtvision does not work at all

Claus-Justus Heine ch at dot-heine.de
Sat Jun 7 18:21:30 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have a bttv card (Hauppauge something) which has a Bt878 (rev 2)
and an MGA 550 gfx adapter.

The XFree86 version is 4.3.0

qtvision compiles out of the box, no problems. Only, video capturing doesn't
work. It works sort of, but _very_ flaky, when using overlay video overlay
(checking that "prefer video overlay if available" box in the plugin's config
section). Otherwise it just hangs.

The X-server has loaded the v4l module, and from the debugging messages of
qtvision I deduce that qtvision knows it.

Is it known that qtvision works -- in principle -- with this combination (i.e.
Matrox MGA  550, Bt878)? And if yes, with which XFree version, kernel
version, bttv driver versino (already tested v4l2, didn't change anything).

If I had a working combination as start point I could try to find out what the
problem is.

Actually, what I'm really missing in qtvision is a button which disables video
grabbing. kwintv had such a button.

It is really a pain when you try to configure qtvision, set the input device,
and then qtvision tries to start captureing and hangs (of course, wouldn't be
so bad if it would not hang).  However, I'd really appreciate a global
"disable capturing" button. Maybe it is there and I didn't find it.

Looks quite nice otherwise, if it would work.

Greetings

Claus