[Kwintv] Re: BT878 with Mandrake 9.1

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Apr 8 00:19:18 CEST 2003

On Sunday 06 April 2003 23:26, Josh Sheedy wrote:
> I finally have a box with kde 3.xx (Mandrake 9.1) So I am very interested
> in getting Kwintv (or whatever name was chosen for new version) working
> under Mandrake.  I saw that one of the messages said that development has
> stalled, hope this changes.  I have used kwintv since I bought my wintv
> card and don't want to see the project die.

   The project definitely will not die.  I think we hit a bit of a conundrum
in that we're all busy people, kwintv is a -big- project, and it just barely
works for all of us.  It works against our motivation.  Nevertheless, the
project is one year old (the rewrite), and I think it's done well.  We'll
finish it for sure!

 ...  Yes, my KDE talk at Real World Linux was cancelled on me.