[Kwintv] questions about xf86vm & qtvision

Alexandre Aufrere kwintv@mail.kde.org
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:55:00 +0200

>    Hm It may or may not support it.  Time for a new video card? :)
yes, i fear so for a while. which one would you advise me, under 60 euros,
with good Xv, Xrender, etc. support, maybe with 3D support, with opensource
drivers, and that doesn't crash too often because of a poor implementation of
the driver (like rage128 does for me at work) ? for now i wasn't able to find
one... :-((( so my original comment about XFree :-(

>    Moritz is working on it.  I'm not sure what the status is yet.  V4l is
> not a part of XFree86 though.  It's for Linux systems only.  Which reminds
> me, if anyone out there wants to make a direct plugin for another OS like
> FreeBSD or Solaris, please feel free! :-)

good there will be the v4l option soon :-))
but anyway, that's a nice app. ! :-)