[Kwintv] questions about xf86vm & qtvision

Alexandre Aufrere kwintv@mail.kde.org
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:24:39 +0200

>    The current plugin uses Xv for input and assumes that you have Xv
> scaling support in your video card.  Apparently you do not.  If you have an
> ATI, Matrox or NVidia card, you might need to get a special driver for
> this. Otherwise we probably will not do video mode switching for a while.

i see. that's a bad thing. i have an ATI Mach64 and i use GATOS drivers, the
only ones providing Xv for that video card for now.. and apparently not full
Xv support.

> We do need to add support to the plugins so they can determine the maximum
> scalable size and behave accordingly, but this is not a high priority item
> either.  I expect the functionality which you are looking for will be
> provided directly by the v4l plugin when it is available.

Hmm ok, and have you an idea when that v4l plugin will be available ?
There are days when i really wonder why XFree is such a complex system... good
luck to you !