[Kwintv] questions about xf86vm & qtvision

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 22:22:00 -0400

On September 29, 2002 06:14, Alexandre Aufrere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did i miss something somewhere, or qtvision doesn't use xf86vm when going
> for fullscreen ? It's a big pity, because on my config, the image then uses
> only the center of the screen :-((
> Would it be difficult to port such feature from "old" kwintv ?
>
> But anyway, congrats to all, you did wonderful job.

   The current plugin uses Xv for input and assumes that you have Xv scaling
support in your video card.  Apparently you do not.  If you have an ATI,
Matrox or NVidia card, you might need to get a special driver for this.
Otherwise we probably will not do video mode switching for a while.  We do
need to add support to the plugins so they can determine the maximum scalable
size and behave accordingly, but this is not a high priority item either.  I
expect the functionality which you are looking for will be provided directly
by the v4l plugin when it is available.