[Kwintv] regarding release notes

Rizsanyi Zsolt kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 20:05:08 +0200

On Tuesday 24 September 2002 16:42, George Staikos wrote:
> On Tuesday September 24 2002 05:21, Rizsanyi Zsolt wrote:
> > Also I have read some notes from the old kwintv and the global hotkeys
> > that should start up kwintv. So I remembered, that I would like to be
> > able to start up qtvision using my remote control.
> > I can add a config option to .lircrc to instruct irw to start qtvision,
> > but then if I press the power button by accident when qtvision is already
> > running I will start up a new instance of it. So it would be nice if
> > qtvision could be made a KUniqueApplication. I dont think there is a need
> > for running two instances of qtvision.
> > What do you think about that? The dcop usage will be simpler also :)
>
>     We could do this, but then we would need to integrate complicated logic
> to make it possible to have multiple mainwindows.  Remember that some
> people have multiple video devices.  For instance, I would like to be able
> to view a video camera and tv tuner at the same time.  I don't want to
> limit our functionality due to drawbacks of lirc's design.

You are right. But this way there are problems to use dcop from scripts.
Or is there a way to send a dcop command to qtvision without knowing the
process id?

I have also an idea to solve my problem with lirc. I just need to check with
dcop if kwintw is already running, and start it up only if it is not.

Regards
Zsolt