[Kwintv] regarding release notes

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:42:27 -0400

On Tuesday September 24 2002 05:21, Rizsanyi Zsolt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have just read the releases/NOTES.ALPHA2 and have some comments.
>
> The CSV support is working in my experience. When I was playing with the
> zapping plugin and other channel stuff it happened frequently that the
> channels were saved in csv format. And the next time I have started
> qtvision the channels were properly loaded from csv.
> So I think that you should add that to the 'working' list.

Great, thanks!  For A2, the following two items are left, although I wouldn't
mind getting the kwintv config migration and event a skeleton v4l plugin done
too.

- Full applet functionality       - A2 (it was working, but now is broken??)
- Plugin configuration panel      - A2 (already mostly done)
- Migration of old kwintv configuration - Beta
- V4L plugin                      - Beta

   Dawit also has been working on an ALSA plugin.  We might be able to sneak
that in too.

> Also I have read some notes from the old kwintv and the global hotkeys that
> should start up kwintv. So I remembered, that I would like to be able to
> start up qtvision using my remote control.
> I can add a config option to .lircrc to instruct irw to start qtvision, but
> then if I press the power button by accident when qtvision is already
> running I will start up a new instance of it. So it would be nice if
> qtvision could be made a KUniqueApplication. I dont think there is a need
> for running two instances of qtvision.
> What do you think about that? The dcop usage will be simpler also :)

    We could do this, but then we would need to integrate complicated logic to
make it possible to have multiple mainwindows.  Remember that some people
have multiple video devices.  For instance, I would like to be able to view a
video camera and tv tuner at the same time.  I don't want to limit our
functionality due to drawbacks of lirc's design.