[Kwintv] regarding release notes

Rizsanyi Zsolt kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:21:01 +0200

Hi!

I have just read the releases/NOTES.ALPHA2 and have some comments.

The CSV support is working in my experience. When I was playing with the
zapping plugin and other channel stuff it happened frequently that the
channels were saved in csv format. And the next time I have started qtvision
the channels were properly loaded from csv.
So I think that you should add that to the 'working' list.

Also I have read some notes from the old kwintv and the global hotkeys that
should start up kwintv. So I remembered, that I would like to be able to
start up qtvision using my remote control.
I can add a config option to .lircrc to instruct irw to start qtvision, but
then if I press the power button by accident when qtvision is already running
I will start up a new instance of it. So it would be nice if qtvision could
be made a KUniqueApplication. I dont think there is a need for running two
instances of qtvision.
What do you think about that? The dcop usage will be simpler also :)

Regards
Zsolt