[Kwintv] Alpha1 no sound on RedHat 7.3

Steve Freitas kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 12:37:27 -0700

Hi,

I got Alpha1 running on my system, and it displays video and changes
channels just fine. However, there's no sound to be had. I tried it with the
OSS Mixer plugin enabled and disabled, and with artsd on and off with no
luck. I'm using the Hauppauge WinTV Radio with a SoundBlaster PCI 128 on an
Athlon 1.2, and I've got the audio patch cable running between the two
cards. I've checked proper operation with the card's proprietary Windows
software. The KWinTV volume control does control the master volume properly,
but nothing's comin' out. Any ideas?

Steve