[Kwintv] Alpha1 no sound on RedHat 7.3

Rizsanyi Zsolt kwintv@mail.kde.org
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 00:36:04 +0200

On Saturday 26 October 2002 21:37, Steve Freitas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got Alpha1 running on my system, and it displays video and changes
> channels just fine. However, there's no sound to be had. I tried it with
> the OSS Mixer plugin enabled and disabled, and with artsd on and off with
> no luck. I'm using the Hauppauge WinTV Radio with a SoundBlaster PCI 128 on
> an Athlon 1.2, and I've got the audio patch cable running between the two
> cards. I've checked proper operation with the card's proprietary Windows
> software. The KWinTV volume control does control the master volume
> properly, but nothing's comin' out. Any ideas?

Are you using alsa or oss. (redhat comes with oss, have you changed that?)

If oss then just start up kmixer, and try all the volume controls to see if
one has effect.
If you have patch cable, then very probably you have to control (turn up) the
'Line'.

If nothing works, then try with xawtv (it comes with redhat7.3), and see if
that works.

Regards
Zsolt