[Kwintv] Comments on latest qtvision

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:14:39 -0400

On October 23, 2002 15:45, Michael Kedl wrote:
> I just grabbed the latest version and it compiled first try, certainly a
> plus :-)
>
> Some comments:
> 1) in xv mode, it scales down, but not above 1x.  I think this may be
> related to my X driver; xawtv behaves the same.  But just thought I'd
> mention it.

   This is your X server for sure.  What hardware and drivers are you using?
(Video, capture, etc - and proprietary drivers?  xf86 version?)

> 2) in v4l mode, it scales up/down fine including fullscreen

    Hm interesting.  That seems to imply that Xv scaling works fine.

> 3) in f4l mode, when scaled down below 1x, it "rips" during motion and
> fixes itself when things quit moving;  it kind of looks like "super"
> interlacing, odd

  Very odd.  :)  I don't see this, but it sounds like fun! hehehe

> 4) in v4l mode, the menus and other things appear below the video, hard
> to read them :-)  is this only for me?  or do other people see this?

   Oh now I understand.  You have old code.  It is triggering the video
overlay for V4L.  I had that enabled but have since disabled it just because
v4l grab+display works better now (as you have seen).