[Kwintv] configure problem

Robert Kaiser kwintv@mail.kde.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:11:27 +0200

>    So how did the plugin work for you?  If you don't have an Xv backend scaler
> then you still probably won't get video until I finish up a few things in the
> VideoStream class.  I'm getting close to having that working though.

Well, I have an NVidia card with XV support, don't know if this provides
what you call "backend scaler" here (I simply don't really understand
those things).
The plugin seems to work quite nicely though. I noticed it gets very
slow when the qtvision configuration window is open, but else it good to
work with.
(Take care, I have a very fast processor and a good graphics card, so I
don't see as many speed problems as others might see)

Anyway, this is really nice work!

I still don't understand why XFree86 (4.2.0) doesn't load the v4l module
though. The old version, from SuSE 8.0 (gcc-2.95-based), did work quite
good with qtvision, the new one from SuSE 8.1 (gcc-3.2-based) doesn't
show any errors in the log as well, but it's not shown in xvinfo or
xdpyinfo...

I tried to watch TV using xawtv in the last two weeks, but it's really
much nicer to have a working qtvision now again ;-)

Robert Kaiser