[Kwintv] configure problem

Robert Kaiser kwintv@mail.kde.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:29:30 +0200

Hi all,

I just wanted to rebuild my qtvision so that I'll hopefully be able to
use the v4l plugin, as XFree86 doesn't load the v4l module (as seen in
xvinfo) even though it states so in the log and has no message about
failing to load it... (this is SuSE Linux 8.1)

I had one problem there though:

running configure, I got the following message:

checking if qtvision v4l plugin should be compiled... yes
./configure: line 27891: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
./configure: line 27891: `;'

around that line, I saw the following code:

if test "$qvv4l_compile" = "yes"; then
   QVVIDEO_PLUGINS="$QVVIDEO_PLUGINS v4l"

cat >>confdefs.h <<\_ACEOF
#define HAVE_V4L 1
_ACEOF
;
fi

when I deleted the line with only the ';' in it, configure ran without
problems.
George, I guess this problem is from somewhere in the qtvision code, as
it's the block dealing with the v4l plugin. Would be nice to see that
corrected ;-)

Greetings from Vienna,

Robert Kaiser