[Kwintv] Latest Kwintv from CVS

Roger Downing kwintv@mail.kde.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:58:38 +0100

Hi there,
I downloaded the latest CVS on the 18th and ran into the same problems
on Mandrake 9.
I fixed it by opening up the configure script in an editor, and
searching for QStyle
This will find the test program that is compiled to see if QT is working
ok.
There is an #if #endif macro in the program that checks QT version and
it wants 3.1.
If you just delete that macro then it will find QT fine.
I then ran into further problems with the libzvbi.h (or zlibvbi.h can't
remember)
which was throwing up compile errors.  I fixed that by editing
/usr/src/zlibvbi.h and=20
on line 34 (in my version at least) it has: extern C {
that should be: extern "C" {
Once I changed that the whole thing compiled sweet as a nut!
I ran it and got 31 channels straight off, heh might cancel my cable
subscription now
since the WinTV card does such a good job of descrambling anyway!
Thanks,
Rog

Visit our website at http://www.rm.com

This message is confidential.  You should not copy it
or disclose its contents to anyone.  You may use and apply the =
information
only for the intended purpose.  Internet communications are not secure =
and
therefore RM does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of =
this
message.  Any views or opinions presented are only those of the author =
and
not those of RM.  If this email has come to you in error please delete =
it
and any attachments.  Please note that RM may intercept incoming and
outgoing e-mail communications.

This email has been scanned for viruses by Trend ScanMail.