[Kwintv] Still scaling problems.

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:48:18 -0400

On October 14, 2002 15:51, George Staikos wrote:
>    You mean the video? :)   Anyhow, ok if it scales, then I suspect it is
> that the v4l bridge is not scaling properly.  The only scaling we have in
> the v4l driver is Xv scaling currently.  I have yet to implement other
> scaling methods.  The question is, is this scaling problem a result of some
> change in our code, or is it XF86 related.  I suspect it is XF86 related,
> but I will test things tonight when I get to my box with Xv tuning.

   As a follow up, I have found that Xv scaling still works here so it is most
likely a problem on your systems, perhaps in XF86.  I would suggest have a
look for XF86 patches or updates, as well as kernel updates.  I don't know if
the XF86 ATI driver requires anything in the kernel or not but maybe it has
something to do with it.  I find it very strange that scaling is not working
for you though.  I dont' see how this could have anything to do with QtVision
itself.