[Kwintv] Still scaling problems.

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:51:59 -0400

On Monday October 14 2002 13:21, Alexandre Aufrere wrote:
> >    Ah you will need to disable the v4lbridge because it holds onto
> > device. If you have a quickcam you could use that instead.  That's how
> > I've been doing the development.
>
> erm.. i don't have quickcam...
>
> >    The encoding is hardcoded to NTSC right now but it doesn't matter
> > because you don't need to actually use it.  You just need to see if it
> > scales.
>
> well.. it scales, but of course the email is shaggy and unusable. with old
> kwintv, it was scaling properly too.

   You mean the video? :)   Anyhow, ok if it scales, then I suspect it is that
the v4l bridge is not scaling properly.  The only scaling we have in the v4l
driver is Xv scaling currently.  I have yet to implement other scaling
methods.  The question is, is this scaling problem a result of some change in
our code, or is it XF86 related.  I suspect it is XF86 related, but I will
test things tonight when I get to my box with Xv tuning.