[Kwintv] Still scaling problems.

Alexandre Aufrere kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:34:20 +0200

>    As a follow up, I have found that Xv scaling still works here so it is
> most likely a problem on your systems, perhaps in XF86.  I would suggest
> have a look for XF86 patches or updates, as well as kernel updates.  I
> don't know if the XF86 ATI driver requires anything in the kernel or not
> but maybe it has something to do with it.  I find it very strange that
> scaling is not working for you though.  I dont' see how this could have
> anything to do with QtVision itself.

Well, about the driver, i highly doubt it, since i was trying to use both
retail (from RH) drivers and drm-kernel, and from GATOS (last ones, number
15), both drivers and drm-kernel modules as well.
Could it be a patch in XFree86 RH RPMs themselves ?
I'm really getting sick of that distro.. will get away soon, Mandrake or
Debian... Hope it'll solve the problem :-))