[Kwintv] Still scaling problems.

Alexandre Aufrere kwintv@mail.kde.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:34:59 +0200

>    Hrm this is so strange.  I just don't understand what's happening.
> Maybe it is a bug in the X server or the v4l bridge.  Maybe we should try
> the v4l plugin to see how that works.  Then we'll know if it's the video
> scaler that's failing, or if it is the v4l bridge.  You can install the v4l
> plugin by updating from cvs, rerunning makefile.cvs and configure,
> installing qtvision, and then going into kwintv3/qtvision/plugins/video/v4l
> and running make install there.  This is not a plugin to use on a regular
> basis.  Major parts get rewritten and changed on a regular basis, and there
> are lots of hardcoded variables in there still.

well, i'm trying this very regularly, but v4l plugin doesn't work at all for
me:
i activate the plugin, but i still don't see any new device (only Xv ones)
then i deactive Xv plugin, and i'm able to select my /dev/video0 device,
select source (television), but i don't see anything about encoding (i need
secam), and then of course, i don't get any channels...
is there any hardcoded variable involved there ?