[Kwintv] Still scaling problems.

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 12:58:32 -0400

On Monday October 14 2002 12:34, Alexandre Aufrere wrote:
> >    Hrm this is so strange.  I just don't understand what's happening.
> > Maybe it is a bug in the X server or the v4l bridge.  Maybe we should try
> > the v4l plugin to see how that works.  Then we'll know if it's the video
> > scaler that's failing, or if it is the v4l bridge.  You can install the
> > v4l plugin by updating from cvs, rerunning makefile.cvs and configure,
> > installing qtvision, and then going into
> > kwintv3/qtvision/plugins/video/v4l and running make install there.  This
> > is not a plugin to use on a regular basis.  Major parts get rewritten and
> > changed on a regular basis, and there are lots of hardcoded variables in
> > there still.
>
> well, i'm trying this very regularly, but v4l plugin doesn't work at all
> for me:
> i activate the plugin, but i still don't see any new device (only Xv ones)
> then i deactive Xv plugin, and i'm able to select my /dev/video0 device,
> select source (television), but i don't see anything about encoding (i need
> secam), and then of course, i don't get any channels...
> is there any hardcoded variable involved there ?

   Ah you will need to disable the v4lbridge because it holds onto device.  If
you have a quickcam you could use that instead.  That's how I've been doing
the development.

   The encoding is hardcoded to NTSC right now but it doesn't matter because
you don't need to actually use it.  You just need to see if it scales.