[Kwintv] Still scaling problems.

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:50:58 -0400

On Monday October 14 2002 11:37, Alexandre Aufrere wrote:
> Single head. I've switched to full GATOS (drivers plus drm), but it doesn't
> change anything, except that now mplayer plays correctly and fully stable,
> but QTVision still doesn't scale image beyond the max size given by the TV
> card (it can be smaller, but not bigger).
> TV card is Hauppauge WinTV (SECAM edition ;-)), with the standard broktree
> chip.
> Rage 128 seems to be an Xpert 2000 (16Mb RAM) it has TVOUT but i don't use
> it.

   Hrm this is so strange.  I just don't understand what's happening.  Maybe
it is a bug in the X server or the v4l bridge.  Maybe we should try the v4l
plugin to see how that works.  Then we'll know if it's the video scaler
that's failing, or if it is the v4l bridge.  You can install the v4l plugin
by updating from cvs, rerunning makefile.cvs and configure, installing
qtvision, and then going into kwintv3/qtvision/plugins/video/v4l and running
make install there.  This is not a plugin to use on a regular basis.  Major
parts get rewritten and changed on a regular basis, and there are lots of
hardcoded variables in there still.