[Kwintv] Problems running Kwintv (might just be me)

Justin kwintv@mail.kde.org
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:19:26 -0700

--------------080503050208010401090407

Ok...  I figured out why my tuner wasn't working...  In my
/etc/modules.conf file I had "options tuner tuner=2" instead of "options
tuner type=2" and the tuner kernel module wasn't loading.  So far, I got
it working with xawtv, but am getting ready to try this fix and the
previously mentioned one.  Will let you know if it works or not...

John Campbell wrote:

>On Thursday 21 November 2002 10:11 am, Justin wrote:
>

>>I recently installed Kwintv (or QtVision, whichever is the alpha rewrite
>>and runs on KDE3), it compiled with a few warning messages, but
>>eventually finished, but when I run it, there is nothing listed under
>>Select Device and Select Source in the first dialog's drop-down boxes.
>> I would assume I just overlooked something when I configured my card or
>>compiled the program, but I'm lost.  I've got an ATI TV Wonder VE card,
>>says it has a BT878 chip on it, running RedHat 7.3.  I've tried running
>>QtVision as my normal user, and as root, just to see if it was a
>>permissions problem with something in my /dev directory, but that
>>doesn't seem to be the case.  I did get the card partially working with
>>xawtv, but the tuning part doesn't work - only using the composite video
>>in.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>

>Verify that you have the "load v4l" line in your "module" section of
>/etc/X11/XF86conf-4.  Or XF86conf if you don't have a module section of
>XF86conf-4.
>
>I have a TV-Wonder-VE as well, and Redhat didn't set it up correctly, wehn I
>was running redhat...
>
>In your /etc/modules.conf try the following line:
>
>options bttv card=64 tuner=17
>
>bttv defaults to tuner=2 for TV-wonder-ve.  I don't know when, if ever ATI
>actually used that tuner, but they used a Phillips tuner in my system.

--------------080503050208010401090407

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Ok... &nbsp;I figured out why my tuner wasn't working... &nbsp;In my /etc/modules.conf
file I had "options tuner tuner=2" instead of "options tuner type=2" and
the tuner kernel module wasn't loading. &nbsp;So far, I got it working with xawtv,
but am getting ready to try this fix and the previously mentioned one. &nbsp;Will
let you know if it works or not...<br>
John Campbell wrote:<br>
    <pre wrap="">I recently installed Kwintv (or QtVision, whichever is the alpha rewrite
and runs on KDE3), it compiled with a few warning messages, but
eventually finished, but when I run it, there is nothing listed under
Select Device and Select Source in the first dialog's drop-down boxes.
 I would assume I just overlooked something when I configured my card or
compiled the program, but I'm lost.  I've got an ATI TV Wonder VE card,
says it has a BT878 chip on it, running RedHat 7.3.  I've tried running
QtVision as my normal user, and as root, just to see if it was a
permissions problem with something in my /dev directory, but that
doesn't seem to be the case.  I did get the card partially working with
xawtv, but the tuning part doesn't work - only using the composite video
in.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->