[Kwintv] Problems running Kwintv (might just be me)

Justin kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:11:11 -0700

I recently installed Kwintv (or QtVision, whichever is the alpha rewrite
and runs on KDE3), it compiled with a few warning messages, but
eventually finished, but when I run it, there is nothing listed under
Select Device and Select Source in the first dialog's drop-down boxes.
 I would assume I just overlooked something when I configured my card or
compiled the program, but I'm lost.  I've got an ATI TV Wonder VE card,
says it has a BT878 chip on it, running RedHat 7.3.  I've tried running
QtVision as my normal user, and as root, just to see if it was a
permissions problem with something in my /dev directory, but that
doesn't seem to be the case.  I did get the card partially working with
xawtv, but the tuning part doesn't work - only using the composite video
in.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!