[Kwintv] (no subject)

John Campbell kwintv@mail.kde.org
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 05:38:21 -0800

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 09:50 am, George Staikos wrote:
> Roughly the same code base. :)
>
> Anyhow, this is going to take me some time to get around to fixing.  It
> would be great if you guys could play with the #includes to see what is
> wrong though.

Alright..  I should have looked in the kv4lsetup dir.  You've got a copy =
of=20
the videodev2.h from your library there.

You're using a different v4l2 lib than I am.  They're not compatable.

Mine came installed on Mandrake and from the headers say it comes from

http://www.thedirks.org/v4l2

Your header says it comes from

http://bytesex.org/v4l2

Did the development shift without anyome notifying Mandrake?

I really hate updating libraries.  My Mandrake setup only lasted a week b=
efore=20
I killed it by trying to upgrade its libraries in preperation for an atte=
mpt=20
to install KDE 3.1 beta.  One little "post_script failed" error and all h=
ell=20
broke loose.  It was easier to re-install than find out where I screwed u=
p...