[Kwintv] (no subject)

John Campbell kwintv@mail.kde.org
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 05:09:14 -0800

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 09:50 am, George Staikos wrote:
> Roughly the same code base. :)
>
> Anyhow, this is going to take me some time to get around to fixing.  It
> would be great if you guys could play with the #includes to see what is
> wrong though.

There seem to be a couple of problem with kw4lsetup.c.    Is there someth=
ing=20
wrong with my system?  Should I start hunting around for updated libs?

In case it's not my system, here's what I found.

In kw4lsetup.c

There is no capabilities member for the v4l_capability structure.
There is though a v4l_framebuffer.capabilities member.

When you check for overlay support you use the flag:
V4L2_CAP_VIDEO_OVERLAY.

My system doesn't have such a flag defined in <linux/videodev2.h>.  The=20
closest I could find is

#define V4L2_FBUF_CAP_EXTERNOVERLAY 0x0001

Is that the capability you're looking for?  I'm not sure what the differe=
nce=20
is between an "External" overlay and a "Video" overlay.

The only "V4L2_CAP_" flags I've got are for audio not video.

On line 372:

v4l2_framebuffer.base is void *base[3]; not unsigned char *base;  It's an=
=20
array not a single pointer.  Although the code you're treating it as a=20
pointer,  Is there only one *base in your setup?

I hope this helps.