[Kwintv] (no subject)

George Staikos kwintv@mail.kde.org
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:35:17 -0500

On November 20, 2002 08:38, John Campbell wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 November 2002 09:50 am, George Staikos wrote:
> > Roughly the same code base. :)
> >
> > Anyhow, this is going to take me some time to get around to fixing.  It
> > would be great if you guys could play with the #includes to see what is
> > wrong though.
>
> Alright..  I should have looked in the kv4lsetup dir.  You've got a copy of
> the videodev2.h from your library there.
>
> You're using a different v4l2 lib than I am.  They're not compatable.
>
> Mine came installed on Mandrake and from the headers say it comes from
>
> http://www.thedirks.org/v4l2
>
> Your header says it comes from
>
> http://bytesex.org/v4l2
>
> Did the development shift without anyome notifying Mandrake?
>
> I really hate updating libraries.  My Mandrake setup only lasted a week
> before I killed it by trying to upgrade its libraries in preperation for an
> attempt to install KDE 3.1 beta.  One little "post_script failed" error and
> all hell broke loose.  It was easier to re-install than find out where I
> screwed up...

   Hm well this could get more complicated.  V4L2 stuff is still rather new
and I don't know what's out there.  I do know that Mandrake was using v4l2
before it was in the kernel.  It's quite possible that having the two present
make things incompatible I guess.

   Send me [privately] a full build log and a copy of the related system
headers and I"ll try to have a look next week.