[Kwintv] The importance of good video hardware and drivers

Stefan Hellwig kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 10:09:42 +0100

Hi!

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 08:53, George Staikos wrote:
> Yes this is the closed source driver that I'm using right now. So far i=
> seems to work well, though I noticed some unusual system slow downs whe=
> doing heavy compiles and graphics work simultaneously.

Really? Hm... I never noticed that before... Maybe there's still somethin=
g=20
wrong or missing? What's about AGP, did you enable that? I think there is=
=20
some setting in XF86Config to activate it for the NVidia driver.

>    I don't see any video problems with the v4l driver though.

Let's see, I didn't have the chance to test it in the last couple of days=
=2E=20
First I have to compile KDE 3.1 RC2, QtVision's next :-). Too bad I won't=
=20
have time today to do so...

Regards, Stefan.