[Kwintv] The importance of good video hardware and drivers

Stefan Hellwig kwintv@mail.kde.org
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 08:05:48 +0100

Hi!

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 03:53, George Staikos wrote:
>     2) Not all drivers can do v4l-bridge scaling.  My Matrox card does =
it,
> my NVidia card, at the moment, does not.  If it doesn't, please look in=
> XF86 or your driver/card, not QtVision.

Did you install the NVidia (closed source) drivers yet? They work great f=
or me=20
(just a "GeForce 2MX"). OK, except for the "ripping" of lines (for me thi=
s is=20
in v4l mode only, not Xv) but I think I would rather live with that than=20
reducing my color depth :-).

Regards, Stefan.