[Kwintv] Make Errors

John Campbell kwintv@mail.kde.org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:32:07 -0800

On Thursday 12 December 2002 03:12 pm, Mike Horton wrote:
> John,
>
> Well I didn't try that script and the version on SuSE's website didn't
> work either. I did download the qtvision and it wouldn't give me a
> selection for the card. My card is an ATI All-in-wonder radeon 8500dv. =
> went to ATI's website and found a link to a project for the ati cards
> called avview. I downloaded it and it works. It's not as nice as kwintv
> but for now I have accomplished my goal which was to get tv working on
> Linux. Thanks for all your help.
> MIke

I had heard that ATI had stopped using bttv chips.  I guess you're too fa=
r out=20
on the beading edge of technology.  V4l support hasn't caught up with you=
=20
yet.

Did you add the "load v4l" to your XF86Config or XF86Config-4 file?  That=
=20
normally gives you NO video input option though.

At least you'll get full resolution.  The TV-Wonder-VE can't deinterlace,=
 so=20
I'm only getting 640X240 resolution.  Until qtvision adds a software=20
deinterlacing plugin I'll have to live with it...or use dScaler under=20
Windoze...