KStars Lite Beta

Hans hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Tue Aug 23 13:27:57 UTC 2016

Hi Artem,

Artem Fedoskin wrote on 20160823:
> > I could find one bug; selecting a planet and then 'center and track' did
> > not work. Works fine on stars, not on planets.
>
> Could you please also check the way this works in KStars on desktop? I
> think that this bug comes from regular KStars. I tried to solve it, but
> didn't have enough time to do that. Will put it on my list.

Just tested that 'Center and track' for planets works fine in 2.5.0 kstars desktop.

> > - Finding the side panels was not trivial, I found them by accident.
>
> Should we point on first load of KStars Lite that there are two panels that
> can be swiped out from left and right?

It's not urgent, but yes this would help. Also including URLs to
https://edu.kde.org/kstars/ , http://indilib.org/ and such.

> > - While panning and zooming around the popup 'center and track/details'
> > shows too fast.
>
> I'm aware of this issue. I couldn't find any means to recognize pinch, tap
> and pan in Qt Quick so I'm doing it myself. I need to tune it a bit to make
> it smooth as on different devices it performs differently.

Clear.

> > - The top and right side have an unwanted white border line. (left and
> > bottom sides do not).
> > - The big idown and up arrows are in the way after a few minutes of use.
>
> Could you please provide screenshots of these cases?

See attached photos. When I rotated the device the two white borders changed
position relative to the new viewscreen. The first shows the white borders top
and right, the second shows the white borders right and bottom.
You have to zoom in to 1:1 pixel level to see the white lines.

Additionally I just tested the INDI interface. Works great!

-- Hans