KStars Lite Beta

Artem Fedoskin afedoskin3 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 11:19:46 UTC 2016

Dear Hans,

Thank you for your feedback! I would like to get some details on the issues
you pointed:

> I could find one bug; selecting a planet and then 'center and track' did
not work. Works fine on stars, not on planets.

Could you please also check the way this works in KStars on desktop? I
think that this bug comes from regular KStars. I tried to solve it, but
didn't have enough time to do that. Will put it on my list.

> - Finding the side panels was not trivial, I found them by accident.

Should we point on first load of KStars Lite that there are two panels that
can be swiped out from left and right?

> - While panning and zooming around the popup 'center and track/details'
shows too fast.

I'm aware of this issue. I couldn't find any means to recognize pinch, tap
and pan in Qt Quick so I'm doing it myself. I need to tune it a bit to make
it smooth as on different devices it performs differently.

> - The top and right side have an unwanted white border line. (left and
bottom sides do not).
> - The big idown and up arrows are in the way after a few minutes of use.

Could you please provide screenshots of these cases?

Regards,
Artem