[Kstars-devel] Problem with "What's Interesting"

Samikshan Bairagya samikshan at gmail.com
Thu May 16 18:14:55 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Akarsh Simha <akarshsimha at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I don't know if anyone else here is encountering a problem with trying
> to use the "What's Interesting" tool in master.
>
> For me, the widget shows nothing, and the console has error messages
> like:
>
> file:///kde-devel/inst/branches/kstars/share/apps/kstars/tools/whatsinteresting/qml/wiview.qml:886:
> ReferenceError: Can't find variable: i18n
>
> file:///kde-devel/inst/branches/kstars/share/apps/kstars/tools/whatsinteresting/qml/wiview.qml:796:
> ReferenceError: Can't find variable: i18n
>
> file:///kde-devel/inst/branches/kstars/share/apps/kstars/tools/whatsinteresting/qml/wiview.qml:773:
> ReferenceError: Can't find variable: i18n
>
> file:///kde-devel/inst/branches/kstars/share/apps/kstars/tools/whatsinteresting/qml/wiview.qml:743:
> ReferenceError: Can't find variable: i18n
>
> So, it looks like a problem with i18n. The techbase wiki as some
> information about i18n() usage in QML:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/i18n#QML
>
> Oddly, Samikshan's work worked perfectly fine for me in the
> gsoc2012-samxan branch. I don't know if others are encountering
> similar issues, and if something changed during the merge...
>
> Regards
> Akarsh

Hi

Sorry about the late reply. I had some problems with my laptop.
Anyway, after the merge, there was a commit by Pino Toscano
where all qsTr() occurances were replaced with i18n(). Apparently,
this is causing the problem because internationalization in QML
files is done with qsTr(). If it is okay, could I revert back to using
qsTr() or am I missing something here?

Regards,
--
Samikshan Bairagya